The calligrapher traced with his forefinger, following the loops and curves of her name scribed in black ink, barely touching the fading parchment. Returning to the start of her name he traced the handwriting again, imagining her face, conjuring her soul and knowing her identity. She was there, encapsulated in her handwriting. He closed his eyes and created a vision of her name in the darkness of his mind, following the form of letters she wrote on the parchment. Opening his eyes he selected a pen and wrote her name, breathing life into the ink as it flowed like blood.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
You will find articles on living a creative life, my writing explorations,flash fiction and poetry. And other ideas I have snaffled from the post it notes stuck on the fridge door.
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
You can also check out the epistolary serial, Post Marked: Piper's Reach, written in collaboration with Jodi Cleghorn
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Have You Read A Very Short Story Today? Part 5
- Post It Note Philosophy #14
- Post It Note Philosophy #13
- Post It Note Philosophy 12
- Post It Note Philosophy 11
- Creativity and Disability – Will You Listen?
- Light My Way – 7 Very Short Stories
- Have You Read A Very Short Story Today? Part 4
- Have You Read A Very Short Story Today? Part 3
- Have You Read A Very Short Story Today? Part 2
- I need a party of dwarfs to come and firstly raid my pantry but then clean up everything afterwards, including the piles of washing. 1 hour ago
- RT @mrdaveturner: So... Isn't that Derren Brown's mum and dad? http://t.co/q8jgtFgPmT 1 hour ago
- RT @Grammarly: The bar was walked into by the passive voice. #jokes by Eric K. Auld #barjokes #nerdy 1 hour ago
- Need a very short to read? Here's 9 very short stories afullnessinbrevity.wordpress.com/2013/12/06/hav… including 2 fart jokes and a toilet pun. 9 hours ago
- If all the things did matter, imagine the size of the hill of beans. 12 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet