The calligrapher traced with his forefinger, following the loops and curves of her name scribed in black ink, barely touching the fading parchment. Returning to the start of her name he traced the handwriting again, imagining her face, conjuring her soul and knowing her identity. She was there, encapsulated in her handwriting. He closed his eyes and created a vision of her name in the darkness of his mind, following the form of letters she wrote on the parchment. Opening his eyes he selected a pen and wrote her name, breathing life into the ink as it flowed like blood.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
You will find articles on living a creative life, my writing explorations,flash fiction and poetry. And other ideas I have snaffled from the post it notes stuck on the fridge door.
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
You can also check out the epistolary serial, Post Marked: Piper's Reach, written in collaboration with Jodi Cleghorn
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- If a man thinks with his groin, should we rename the scrotum as a "bag of thoughts"? 5 hours ago
- Today feels like I'm travelling through Dante's circles of hell. Every stop of the elevator brings new horrors. 5 hours ago
- Student doesn't want to hand task in now he's received "0" for non-submission. I sense a circular argument forming because Board of Studies 6 hours ago
- In case you missed the mail yesterday, here's #PipersReach postmarkedpipersreach.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/978/ Only 5 weeks left. How will it all end? 6 hours ago
- Polonius' warning "Give Everyman thine ear but few thy tongue" is contrary to today's social media, blogging and trolling #irony 7 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet