Old Ben’s formica table peeled at the yellowing edges where the rusted border gaped and collected fragments of cereal. Stacked slightly off-centre was Ben’s spartan crockery and cutlery. They were the remains of a wedding present which had over the years lost pieces through neglect, ignorance and argument. All that remained was a single place setting for one; the simplicities of a widower. Beside the stack was a white linen napkin, rolled, and kept in place by his grandfather’s monogrammed napkin ring. The door bell chimed its tune and the laughter of grandchildren frolicked outside, wanting to come in.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- New demonstration sport for the 2020 Olympics: Comfort Food Eating. I mean, as part of the team you get a cool set of tracky dacks. 5 hours ago
- Does something in your day require a 21Fart Gun salute? If you say "No" you're not doing the day right. 8 hours ago
- And this is the new song from Hurst: All My Friends Are Liars youtube.com/watch?v=iCGW8E… 9 hours ago
- Groove Tune Sunday - Hurst with their song Whine youtube.com/watch?v=6D3b0B… 9 hours ago
- Getting towards that age when chocolate digestive biscuits have greater appeal and a consideration of being put on the shopping list. 22 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet