All Jack could taste was the heat of the summer sun, dirt and grit while he felt the sting of grazes on his hands and knees. The billycart rested to the side of the hill, just off the concrete path. Steve’s bare feet slapped down the path while he whooped triumphantly, “That was an awesome stack!” Just beyond Steve was the infatuation that had distracted Jack from the downhill plummet: Fiona. His attempt to wave to her had catapulted him into the ditch and now she was disappearing. Steve responded, “I am so putting this on youtube,” as Jack’s nose gave in to shame and embarrassment.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- The Dumb is overpowering today. Thankfully, not me (but there's still time for it to happen) but I fear the contagion on a windy day. 2 hours ago
- Watching a flock of rainbow lorikeets devour an apple at the end of lunch is the Australian equivalent of Amazonian piranhas on a carcass. 3 hours ago
- I suspect the devouring of an entire pizza was not the best thing to do for dinner. However, I regret nothing. 20 hours ago
- This is tough to watch. news.vice.com/story/vice-new… 22 hours ago
- Worst episode of Scooby Doo ever. "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids." https://t.co/ZxsPh7usn7 22 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet