All Jack could taste was the heat of the summer sun, dirt and grit while he felt the sting of grazes on his hands and knees. The billycart rested to the side of the hill, just off the concrete path. Steve’s bare feet slapped down the path while he whooped triumphantly, “That was an awesome stack!” Just beyond Steve was the infatuation that had distracted Jack from the downhill plummet: Fiona. His attempt to wave to her had catapulted him into the ditch and now she was disappearing. Steve responded, “I am so putting this on youtube,” as Jack’s nose gave in to shame and embarrassment.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- A pigeon walked into my classroom. It didn't have a late note. Nor a school bag, books, pencil case or iPad. It looked disappointed. 4 hours ago
- In the future, war will not be fought over land but over ideology. Particularly the ideology of pineapple on a pizza. Choose your weapon. 22 hours ago
- I contend that people who can bake are modern day alchemists. 2 days ago
- Playing a game of "Misplaced Apostrophe's" during today's assembly. Current tally = 1. 2 days ago
- Whenever I see the word "opaque" I always think it's the opposite of what it really means; i keep thinking it's see-through when it's not. 2 days ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet