All Jack could taste was the heat of the summer sun, dirt and grit while he felt the sting of grazes on his hands and knees. The billycart rested to the side of the hill, just off the concrete path. Steve’s bare feet slapped down the path while he whooped triumphantly, “That was an awesome stack!” Just beyond Steve was the infatuation that had distracted Jack from the downhill plummet: Fiona. His attempt to wave to her had catapulted him into the ditch and now she was disappearing. Steve responded, “I am so putting this on youtube,” as Jack’s nose gave in to shame and embarrassment.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Handwritten Pages #24 Tethering
- Handwritten Pages #23 Return to Sender
- Zentangle #32 In Between
- Handwritten Pages #22 Storytelling
- Finally saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi (I'm a late adopter). Good, epic fun with a different edge. I didn't go lookin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @furioushorses: Me, to an unopened Home Brand toilet roll: “Time is of the essence, little buddy, lets get you to work!” Home Brand toi… 1 day ago
- Brilliant initiative from @kirbykirbybee on the first AFLW's game. firstfridayinfebruary.com/about/ 1 day ago
- I'm setting modest targets for 2018. One is to finish drinking my cup of tea before it gets cold. 1 day ago
- That moment when you're suds deep in washing up, thinking through a scene in your head, and you have to abandon the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet