John opened the notebook and followed the instructions on how to make a cup of tea and two pieces of toast for breakfast. He moved around the kitchen with the perplexity of Frankenstein’s abandoned creature, assimilating the newness of his surroundings with a child-like curiosity and wonderment but grounded by instructions in the here and now. Sitting down at the breakfast table he picked up the notebook and turned to a picture of a man and a woman with the caption: John and Pamela, your loving wife, holidaying at Avoca Beach, 2008. Flipping through it he read snippets of experiences and recollections in a formal copperplate script. He read a library of memories that were somehow his, yet it felt like living in a fiction of someone else’s imagination.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- The Dumb is overpowering today. Thankfully, not me (but there's still time for it to happen) but I fear the contagion on a windy day. 2 hours ago
- Watching a flock of rainbow lorikeets devour an apple at the end of lunch is the Australian equivalent of Amazonian piranhas on a carcass. 2 hours ago
- I suspect the devouring of an entire pizza was not the best thing to do for dinner. However, I regret nothing. 20 hours ago
- This is tough to watch. news.vice.com/story/vice-new… 22 hours ago
- Worst episode of Scooby Doo ever. "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids." https://t.co/ZxsPh7usn7 22 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet