John opened the notebook and followed the instructions on how to make a cup of tea and two pieces of toast for breakfast. He moved around the kitchen with the perplexity of Frankenstein’s abandoned creature, assimilating the newness of his surroundings with a child-like curiosity and wonderment but grounded by instructions in the here and now. Sitting down at the breakfast table he picked up the notebook and turned to a picture of a man and a woman with the caption: John and Pamela, your loving wife, holidaying at Avoca Beach, 2008. Flipping through it he read snippets of experiences and recollections in a formal copperplate script. He read a library of memories that were somehow his, yet it felt like living in a fiction of someone else’s imagination.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) will be out in 2019
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- New track from @listentocircles and it's a BELTER! If only I didn't keep missing them when they're touring Sydney.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Great short film by Matt Elliot (artist) from Studio ARTES (which my mum helped start). The art works produced by t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- If you like ambient, esoteric, grungy electronica then @keepshellyinath has a new EP on the way. Listen here: youtube.com/watch?v=vGtpei… 3 hours ago
- New words you hear from your colleague (an ex-nurse, now a teacher): fungating abscesses. This can be easily turned… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to play a half-decent half-time shuffle on the drums before the world ends. Not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet