John opened the notebook and followed the instructions on how to make a cup of tea and two pieces of toast for breakfast. He moved around the kitchen with the perplexity of Frankenstein’s abandoned creature, assimilating the newness of his surroundings with a child-like curiosity and wonderment but grounded by instructions in the here and now. Sitting down at the breakfast table he picked up the notebook and turned to a picture of a man and a woman with the caption: John and Pamela, your loving wife, holidaying at Avoca Beach, 2008. Flipping through it he read snippets of experiences and recollections in a formal copperplate script. He read a library of memories that were somehow his, yet it felt like living in a fiction of someone else’s imagination.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- ...And who is my neighbour?... 3 hours ago
- Epic guitar from @ottomakeswaves last night with @sleepmakeswaves https://t.co/UQLlNjB6z8 14 hours ago
- When you go all fanboi-ing with @ottomakeswaves *cough* all ages gig *cough* @rotassator https://t.co/jHCpyso8Ll 14 hours ago
- The closing phrases of Tundra (I think) from last night's @sleepmakeswaves gig supporting Devin Townsend Project. https://t.co/41fdyxIHWB 14 hours ago
- And with added sound. Brilliant set! @sleepmakeswaves https://t.co/fsnKPWvFxE 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet