She securely strapped the children in and while the car idled applied a new coat of lipstick. “What would be the right soundtrack for the journey?” she thought while flicking through the CDs before putting in Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue. Pulling an envelope and letter from her handbag she scanned the letter before sealing the envelope and putting it on the dashboard. As she adjusted the rear vision mirror a small voice enquired why the garage doors were not opened. She turned and said, “Don’t worry sweetheart. We’ll be leaving here soon.”
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) out now via Vine Leaves Press.
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- WestWords Living Stories Things Unsaid – WINNER
- WestWords Living Stories Win
- Defining Progress in the Year of Relentless
- Word for the Year 2022
- Flash Fiction – The Tennis Court
- What Do You Do When You Get to the End of the Toilet Roll?
- What’s Cooking in the Story Kitchen?
- To Make Contact With Mystery
- Bridging the Gap
- Good News Klaxon – Westwords Writing Competition
- Good morning and welcome to inside the mind at #TheDrumAndPage. Let me show you around. As you can see the filing s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- I have a new working title for my memoir: Beige and the Art of Being Mildly Interesting. I can't decide if the colo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- Writer Carries Only: 3 pens (only 1 works) 7 notebooks 15 receipts from bookstores 27 plot ideas 17 crises of creat… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- Choose wisely https://t.co/hYn5cBhc7j 19 hours ago
- When you can, go and see @SEIMSmusic live. You won't regret it. Math postrock at its most frenetic and fun. Come fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet