I watch the clothes spin like a dervish against a strong breeze, a semaphore of t-shirts, socks and knickers. They form codes of colour and shape, flags sending out a signal. What was once luxuriant and seductive, racy even, has become practical, mundane, perfunctory. Time to splash out on that satin number my husband and I keep joking about. Interspersed are the bright shades of the girls’ clothes that reflect my choices for them. It will not be too long before independence, maturity and awakening are the new codes that are written.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Here is my supersuit! twitter.com/GlbrtPtts1/sta… 1 day ago
- The beauty of nature: a Bowerbird nest. https://t.co/xqgIsnwkMU 1 day ago
- Where is my super suit? 2 days ago
- ...And who is my neighbour?... 3 days ago
- Epic guitar from @ottomakeswaves last night with @sleepmakeswaves https://t.co/UQLlNjB6z8 3 days ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet