The kitchen tap dripped unceasingly and most of the cupboards hung at jaunty angles. Her friends were busy salivating over Jamie Oliver or pursuing the latest project from Better Homes and Garden, but she didn’t see the need in creating a mausoleum of monotony. For her there was always something else to do, something else that was a priority on a timetable that ran perpendicular to everyone else’s. She saw no sense in waiting. Waiting was a weakness. Quickly she rinsed her bowl, spoon and mug before putting them on the dish rack to dry and headed out the door.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Handwritten Pages #30 Carapace
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Handwritten Pages #24 Tethering
- Handwritten Pages #23 Return to Sender
- Zentangle #32 In Between
- Missing out on Progfest in Sydney today. 2 hours ago
- Nice when your collaborative writing partner sends you something like this. Especially when you thought the chapter… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 19 hours ago
- This song gave me chills when I heard it for the first time the other day. Gordii - Heaven I Know youtube.com/watch?v=tnbVTZ… 21 hours ago
- RT @treebirds: "Men, in particular, both mythologize & undermine female artists. But women do it to one another, too." "Fiction begins wit… 1 day ago
- If the French had been the first to claim land as Europeans instead of the English, would we still have the Democra… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet