Apologetically he left the bread, milk and cereal on the counter while the shop assistant turned her head to avoid heaping further shame when the credit card was declined. Walking back to the car he calculated when his next pay would hit the account, knowing that it would only just about cover the bills for that month and leave little more than loose change for a sparrow’s meal. Glancing at his watch he figured the children would be just about to wake up while his wife waited for the breakfast essentials. He sat wringing the wheel, hoping for a genie to emerge. Scratching around in the glove compartment he found a pen and a crumpled serviette and wrote, “Do not raise the alarm as I am carrying a knife so give me all your cash.” Pulling out of the car park he headed for home while the serviette, stuffed into his shirt pocket, pricked at his heart.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Miss #2 is loving watching Australian Ninja Warrior. Giving her ideas for around the house and on the trampoline. 47 minutes ago
- RT @saltmarsh: Don't pick at it. #art #illustration https://t.co/9Tt3MywENv 6 hours ago
- Today could be improved with the addition of a cheese platter. But I'm all out of cheese and crackers. 11 hours ago
- Tissue Paper Frailty afullnessinbrevity.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/tis… https://t.co/b895Ccaht9 1 day ago
- RT @whatmaddness: Please. My rabbit. He's very sick. https://t.co/MSejV0hvtn 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet