He traced the peaks and valleys of the mountain range with his eyes, following the vein of water tumbling through the crags and clefts. The parallel ridges of the range were calligraphy of shape and form, cairns and pillars of his history. As the shaman, he named each mountain and knew its legend, the high places for worship and the places of idolatry. Formed under intense pressure and heat they had erupted out from the dust of the earth. From his vantage point he ached to scale the precipice, yet floundered in the valley lacking the strength to begin the ascension. Tracing back along the valley floor he deepened the ravine with a razorblade until the earth became a blanket and cradled him to dust.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- https://t.co/U1oUr7tp8u 1 day ago
- We know the answer to, Am I ever gonna see your face again? but what's the answer to Who needs that sentimental bullshit anyway? 2 days ago
- RT @botnikstudios: Hello. We trained predictive keyboards on 'Scrubs' scripts and wrote the exact average episode of 'Scrubs' https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @StuartABarnes: September 26. Morning discussion: What is prayer? (from Isherwood's Diaries Volume One) https://t.co/YgfXAzYJ0S 3 days ago
- Where is my army of robot helper monkeys? 3 days ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet