He traced the peaks and valleys of the mountain range with his eyes, following the vein of water tumbling through the crags and clefts. The parallel ridges of the range were calligraphy of shape and form, cairns and pillars of his history. As the shaman, he named each mountain and knew its legend, the high places for worship and the places of idolatry. Formed under intense pressure and heat they had erupted out from the dust of the earth. From his vantage point he ached to scale the precipice, yet floundered in the valley lacking the strength to begin the ascension. Tracing back along the valley floor he deepened the ravine with a razorblade until the earth became a blanket and cradled him to dust.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) will be out in 2019
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- New track from @listentocircles and it's a BELTER! If only I didn't keep missing them when they're touring Sydney.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Great short film by Matt Elliot (artist) from Studio ARTES (which my mum helped start). The art works produced by t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- If you like ambient, esoteric, grungy electronica then @keepshellyinath has a new EP on the way. Listen here: youtube.com/watch?v=vGtpei… 3 hours ago
- New words you hear from your colleague (an ex-nurse, now a teacher): fungating abscesses. This can be easily turned… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to play a half-decent half-time shuffle on the drums before the world ends. Not… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet