He traced the peaks and valleys of the mountain range with his eyes, following the vein of water tumbling through the crags and clefts. The parallel ridges of the range were calligraphy of shape and form, cairns and pillars of his history. As the shaman, he named each mountain and knew its legend, the high places for worship and the places of idolatry. Formed under intense pressure and heat they had erupted out from the dust of the earth. From his vantage point he ached to scale the precipice, yet floundered in the valley lacking the strength to begin the ascension. Tracing back along the valley floor he deepened the ravine with a razorblade until the earth became a blanket and cradled him to dust.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- The Dumb is overpowering today. Thankfully, not me (but there's still time for it to happen) but I fear the contagion on a windy day. 2 hours ago
- Watching a flock of rainbow lorikeets devour an apple at the end of lunch is the Australian equivalent of Amazonian piranhas on a carcass. 2 hours ago
- I suspect the devouring of an entire pizza was not the best thing to do for dinner. However, I regret nothing. 20 hours ago
- This is tough to watch. news.vice.com/story/vice-new… 22 hours ago
- Worst episode of Scooby Doo ever. "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids." https://t.co/ZxsPh7usn7 22 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet