Camille’s desk was a bastion of kitsch, always within company guidelines though, cycling through the fads like kids trading footy cards. Leonard was part Julius Caesar, part king’s own fool, a smug and gleefully frivolous smirker who sought to best Camille’s oddities. His action heroes trumped troll dolls, the mini Zen garden complete with rake and bonsai feature blew away the Chinese money plant, and in the fait accompli, his coffee jar of tadpoles swamped her Siamese fighting fish. Camille threatened to sweep her desk clean of all but work related accoutrements and silently fumed at the swarm of wannabe David Attenboroughs making their own nature documentary of Leonard’s metamorphosing tadpoles. Leonard didn’t care about the humiliation Camille suffered and basked in the spotlight of attention, but there were accusations and rebuttals when it was discovered that the lid had been left ajar one evening. The dust settled over the battle but the war was lost when an escapee tadpole, having sprouted legs and run away, became immortalised as a smear on the front page of Leonard’s report as it reamed from the printer.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) will be out in 2019
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Thinking I'll use July 1 as the start of the new financial year to restart my creativity. Need a benchmark and that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Today's weather whilst on playground duty at lunchtime will redefine the phrase "windswept and interesting." Very t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- In the future the world will be divided between those who like peanut butter, and those who do not. However, within… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- When you play behind the sneeze guard; the modern alternative to chicken wire. #smoothjiveconsultants #gig… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Broken stick is broken #somanydroppedstickstonight https://t.co/wvZc18BXnF 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet