Camille’s desk was a bastion of kitsch, always within company guidelines though, cycling through the fads like kids trading footy cards. Leonard was part Julius Caesar, part king’s own fool, a smug and gleefully frivolous smirker who sought to best Camille’s oddities. His action heroes trumped troll dolls, the mini Zen garden complete with rake and bonsai feature blew away the Chinese money plant, and in the fait accompli, his coffee jar of tadpoles swamped her Siamese fighting fish. Camille threatened to sweep her desk clean of all but work related accoutrements and silently fumed at the swarm of wannabe David Attenboroughs making their own nature documentary of Leonard’s metamorphosing tadpoles. Leonard didn’t care about the humiliation Camille suffered and basked in the spotlight of attention, but there were accusations and rebuttals when it was discovered that the lid had been left ajar one evening. The dust settled over the battle but the war was lost when an escapee tadpole, having sprouted legs and run away, became immortalised as a smear on the front page of Leonard’s report as it reamed from the printer.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- The Dumb is overpowering today. Thankfully, not me (but there's still time for it to happen) but I fear the contagion on a windy day. 18 hours ago
- Watching a flock of rainbow lorikeets devour an apple at the end of lunch is the Australian equivalent of Amazonian piranhas on a carcass. 18 hours ago
- I suspect the devouring of an entire pizza was not the best thing to do for dinner. However, I regret nothing. 1 day ago
- This is tough to watch. news.vice.com/story/vice-new… 1 day ago
- Worst episode of Scooby Doo ever. "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids." https://t.co/ZxsPh7usn7 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet