John stamped up the stairs and flung himself on the bed, burying his head in his pillow while sobs racked his body. As a comforting hand rubbed the small of his back, he blurted out, “Susie said she doesn’t love me anymore.”
Amidst the debris of a failed relationship, it needed to be cleared up, to understand what had gone wrong, to provide an anchor for hope in the future, “What brought that on?”
“At recess when kindergarten went out to play, Susie said that we were boyfriend and girlfriend because we both liked using the red pencil first when colouring in. But at lunch Susie asked me if I liked blue Smarties and when I said that I didn’t like blue Smarties she said that she couldn’t be friends with someone who didn’t like blue Smarties and then she said that she didn’t love me anymore and that we weren’t going to be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.”
“I’m sure things with Susie will be back to normal tomorrow.”
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Student entitlement crikey.com.au/2017/10/18/ton… 8 hours ago
- RT @LeVostreGC: Folk talke about STEM, but true innovacioun doth come also from HEART: H umanityes E thiques A rts R hetorique T eachinge 9 hours ago
- Jacaranda season is upon us. Here are a few shots from 2 years ago taken in the backyard. https://t.co/GRWiWHbssY 9 hours ago
- The Uncomplicated Dead by @OmarjSakr is in turns sorrowful, grief-stricken and a call to care beyond all borders killyourdarlings.com.au/article/the-un… 10 hours ago
- It's jacaranda season. Love seeing the blotches of purple that punctuate the landscape when travelling. 13 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet