John stamped up the stairs and flung himself on the bed, burying his head in his pillow while sobs racked his body. As a comforting hand rubbed the small of his back, he blurted out, “Susie said she doesn’t love me anymore.”
Amidst the debris of a failed relationship, it needed to be cleared up, to understand what had gone wrong, to provide an anchor for hope in the future, “What brought that on?”
“At recess when kindergarten went out to play, Susie said that we were boyfriend and girlfriend because we both liked using the red pencil first when colouring in. But at lunch Susie asked me if I liked blue Smarties and when I said that I didn’t like blue Smarties she said that she couldn’t be friends with someone who didn’t like blue Smarties and then she said that she didn’t love me anymore and that we weren’t going to be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.”
“I’m sure things with Susie will be back to normal tomorrow.”
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) will be out in 2019
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Oh sweet baby cheeses, why isn't it Friday? 13 hours ago
- What a great word "feckless" is. Sounds sweary but isn't. 18 hours ago
- RT @KateClanchy1: #RefugeeWeek Waseem remembers his journey from Afghanistan, on foot through Europe. He's an unaccompanied child refugee.… 19 hours ago
- If Your Church is Silent This Week—You May Want to Leave it johnpavlovitz.com/2018/06/19/if-… via @johnpavlovitz 19 hours ago
- Haven't heard this piece of music in decades and it popped into my head this morning. youtube.com/watch?v=3OhRJf… 19 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet