Michael lay on his back and counted his breaths, measuring their depth of inhalation and release. He tried to hold his breath for as long as he could, wondering when his allocated portion would expire. He remembered being a young boy, turning blue in defiance while holding out for a demanded packet of chips, while his mother calmly waited for necessity to take over. When he had leaned in to kiss Stephanie back in high school, his breath caught as her lips pressed against his. Palms pressed down against the grass he felt its warmth and moisture. He mused on the paradox wherein earth brought forth life, but it required the breath of life to make it live.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Book Launching – Arboretum
- Random Calligraphy
- Publication News for Post Marked: Piper’s Reach
- Handwritten Pages #30 Carapace
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Working on a 250 word piece to go on a drumhead and I've successfully rearranged two sentences. It's like I'm rearr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- RT @ArianeBeeston: By @kaysarahsera https://t.co/LM7eokW0it 9 hours ago
- RT @ArianeBeeston: Haven’t been able to get this poem shared by the wonderful @themoneyiowe out of my head https://t.co/FZhhTlpfdP 9 hours ago
- RT @KateClanchy1: Flora is thirteen, which is ridiculous. https://t.co/Wq0JNTyAC3 9 hours ago
- RT @KateClanchy1: I’m trying to judge our Year 9 Poetry Competition, but it’s much too hard. Freya is 13 https://t.co/Wwh2cIVIHi 9 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet