“Here’s to a ten years of The Table of Knowledge,” said Dan as he slopped the first round of beers down. James reflected on the Table of Knowledge, the weekly symposium begun by six idealistic university undergraduates; they had been at the same table discussing the world’s problems and in some measure solving them. Their banter traversed stories of marriage and divorce, children and careers; their friendship now held together by alcoholic glue. The better part of a decade had been wiped away like dregs and James now saw five men discussing which female newsreader would look better naked. He was startled to think that in another ten years he could still be at the same table, telling the same stories, just like other patrons who inhabited the dark recesses of the pub. James put down his half finished beer and walked out into the night.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Handwritten Pages #30 Carapace
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Handwritten Pages #24 Tethering
- Handwritten Pages #23 Return to Sender
- Zentangle #32 In Between
- Missing out on Progfest in Sydney today. 2 hours ago
- Nice when your collaborative writing partner sends you something like this. Especially when you thought the chapter… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 19 hours ago
- This song gave me chills when I heard it for the first time the other day. Gordii - Heaven I Know youtube.com/watch?v=tnbVTZ… 21 hours ago
- RT @treebirds: "Men, in particular, both mythologize & undermine female artists. But women do it to one another, too." "Fiction begins wit… 1 day ago
- If the French had been the first to claim land as Europeans instead of the English, would we still have the Democra… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet