He watched the carousel spin in its own orbit piping its merry tune; the harmless monotony of its circular motion and gently cascading horses appealed to him. Heaven forbid the turmoil and plummeting depths of the rollercoaster that writhed like a cut snake behind him. He took comfort in its pattern and metronomic rhythm; a pace that offered no surprises or challenges. Enthusiastically he waved at his wife and children as they came around again and again. The music lilted and rose as the steam whistle blew and the carousel wound down to a stop before two small bundles dashed through the gates and asked for ice-cream. Catching the squeals of delight from the apex of the first drop of the arched metal track above, he paused and wondered if he dared but try.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Book Launching – Arboretum
- Random Calligraphy
- Publication News for Post Marked: Piper’s Reach
- Handwritten Pages #30 Carapace
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Working on a 250 word piece to go on a drumhead and I've successfully rearranged two sentences. It's like I'm rearr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- RT @ArianeBeeston: By @kaysarahsera https://t.co/LM7eokW0it 10 hours ago
- RT @ArianeBeeston: Haven’t been able to get this poem shared by the wonderful @themoneyiowe out of my head https://t.co/FZhhTlpfdP 10 hours ago
- RT @KateClanchy1: Flora is thirteen, which is ridiculous. https://t.co/Wq0JNTyAC3 10 hours ago
- RT @KateClanchy1: I’m trying to judge our Year 9 Poetry Competition, but it’s much too hard. Freya is 13 https://t.co/Wwh2cIVIHi 10 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet