He watched the carousel spin in its own orbit piping its merry tune; the harmless monotony of its circular motion and gently cascading horses appealed to him. Heaven forbid the turmoil and plummeting depths of the rollercoaster that writhed like a cut snake behind him. He took comfort in its pattern and metronomic rhythm; a pace that offered no surprises or challenges. Enthusiastically he waved at his wife and children as they came around again and again. The music lilted and rose as the steam whistle blew and the carousel wound down to a stop before two small bundles dashed through the gates and asked for ice-cream. Catching the squeals of delight from the apex of the first drop of the arched metal track above, he paused and wondered if he dared but try.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- It's the 30th anniversary of The Princess Bride. Lads, who DIDN'T have a crush on Robin Wright as Buttercup when you first saw it? 1 hour ago
- New track from Galactic Cowboys! New album (1st in 17 years) drops in November. Vintage Cowboys! youtube.com/watch?v=tK2fbp… 1 hour ago
- Done about 50 exam papers today. Question is whether to do a few more tonight or abandon hope and reconvene in the morning. 2 hours ago
- Awkward season in full swing. Not many spikes this year. https://t.co/4DYqINcYWT 9 hours ago
- Aspiration Level: Steve Buscemi. Problem is choosing which Buscemi character to aspire to; there's SO MANY OF THEM. 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet