Jake scrummaged in his art and craft box for a marker. Sitting against the bed he wedged the red helium balloon between his knees and began to write the prayer of a six year old. Going into the backyard he released it, letting the ribbon unfurl through his fingers. It rocketed upwards, its string a tail, a seed propelled by faith, with hope that it would conceive and bring forth life. Jake shaded his eyes and watched it ascend towards heaven until he could see it no more. He wondered if it had reached God or if maybe it had burst before God could read it.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- https://t.co/v87mQEiTNq 2 hours ago
- When I become PM of Oz I will declare that fashion MUST have practical pockets. 1 day ago
- Today things happened. Tomorrow other things will happen. There's a lot of happenings that have happened lately. I'… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @rusvw13: Paralyzing Times for Creatives baltimorewriter.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/par… https://t.co/Fp5F5IFlTB 1 day ago
- Miss #2: You need to wash your hands because they are too close to your bum. #wisdomoftheages 2 days ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet