Jake scrummaged in his art and craft box for a marker. Sitting against the bed he wedged the red helium balloon between his knees and began to write the prayer of a six year old. Going into the backyard he released it, letting the ribbon unfurl through his fingers. It rocketed upwards, its string a tail, a seed propelled by faith, with hope that it would conceive and bring forth life. Jake shaded his eyes and watched it ascend towards heaven until he could see it no more. He wondered if it had reached God or if maybe it had burst before God could read it.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Publication News for Post Marked: Piper’s Reach
- Handwritten Pages #30 Carapace
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Handwritten Pages #24 Tethering
- Handwritten Pages #23 Return to Sender
- A fun gig last night on perhaps the smallest stage ever. We fitted most of us up there, throwing our vocalists to t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- Some people have furbabies to fawn over, cuddle and treat outrageously. I have a pile of exam papers instead. 1 day ago
- May your day be at least as exciting as winning the meat tray at the pub raffle. Maybe you will win the meat tray at the pub raffle. 2 days ago
- RT @MsBessieBell: FREE YOUR INNER CHILD by @asewovenwords offers strategies 2 give children meaningful experiences in the arts (visual, #mu… 3 days ago
- Dear Brisbane, you seem to have lost your humidity. We found it here in Sydney. We'd like to return it to you. Kthnxbai 4 days ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet