I’ve always wanted to fly as I watch the balloons float away above the carnival, wishing I had that freedom. The closest I can get to that wish is memory and imagination. My body aches at the remembrance of grasping the chain of the swing set; leaning backwards, getting dizzily disorientated watching the world arc from blue to green to blue. I imagine flying feels a lot like swimming in an aquiline ocean, rising and falling with the phases of the moon, feeling the push and pull of the currents. Reaching behind I untie the red balloon from the handle of my wheelchair and say a little prayer. I let my red balloon go into the blue firmament of heaven, above the heady aromatic cloud of fairy floss, deep fried food and the dusty warmth of cattle, to live vicariously for me.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Handwritten Pages #30 Carapace
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Handwritten Pages #24 Tethering
- Handwritten Pages #23 Return to Sender
- Zentangle #32 In Between
- Nice when your collaborative writing partner sends you something like this. Especially when you thought the chapter… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- This song gave me chills when I heard it for the first time the other day. Gordii - Heaven I Know youtube.com/watch?v=tnbVTZ… 11 hours ago
- RT @treebirds: "Men, in particular, both mythologize & undermine female artists. But women do it to one another, too." "Fiction begins wit… 19 hours ago
- If the French had been the first to claim land as Europeans instead of the English, would we still have the Democra… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- Handwritten Pages #30 Carapace afullnessinbrevity.wordpress.com/2018/01/19/han… https://t.co/XEujhtRC68 20 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet