Streamers floated in the breeze and cake crumbs littered the tablecloth while the lounge room floor was strewn with the debris of a six year old tornado who had torn into wrapping paper to get at the goodies. But Matthew abandoned the boxes of Lego stacked beside a bright yellow dump truck covered in layers of new t-shirts and pants for a dash around the backyard. A bright red balloon trailed like a comet behind Matthew as he whooped and hollered while the dog leapt and barked and howled with delight. In his game the balloon became an orbiting moon as astronaut Matthew moved in slow motion steps with a bucket on his head. A few days later he imagined that it was a jellyfish when it hung in limbo between the ceiling and the floor and he pretended to swim around it as it bobbed in the air. Grandparents and relatives chuckled their approval and remembered when things were simpler and would not begrudge a small boy his bright new toys.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Handwritten Pages #29 Conflagration
- Handwritten Pages #28 Mix Tape
- Three Words for the New Year
- Handwritten Pages #27 Origami Heart
- Handwritten Pages #26 Knitting Fragments
- Handwritten Pages #25 Grace
- Handwritten Pages #24 Tethering
- Handwritten Pages #23 Return to Sender
- Zentangle #32 In Between
- Handwritten Pages #22 Storytelling
- Finally saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi (I'm a late adopter). Good, epic fun with a different edge. I didn't go lookin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @furioushorses: Me, to an unopened Home Brand toilet roll: “Time is of the essence, little buddy, lets get you to work!” Home Brand toi… 1 day ago
- Brilliant initiative from @kirbykirbybee on the first AFLW's game. firstfridayinfebruary.com/about/ 1 day ago
- I'm setting modest targets for 2018. One is to finish drinking my cup of tea before it gets cold. 1 day ago
- That moment when you're suds deep in washing up, thinking through a scene in your head, and you have to abandon the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet