Streamers floated in the breeze and cake crumbs littered the tablecloth while the lounge room floor was strewn with the debris of a six year old tornado who had torn into wrapping paper to get at the goodies. But Matthew abandoned the boxes of Lego stacked beside a bright yellow dump truck covered in layers of new t-shirts and pants for a dash around the backyard. A bright red balloon trailed like a comet behind Matthew as he whooped and hollered while the dog leapt and barked and howled with delight. In his game the balloon became an orbiting moon as astronaut Matthew moved in slow motion steps with a bucket on his head. A few days later he imagined that it was a jellyfish when it hung in limbo between the ceiling and the floor and he pretended to swim around it as it bobbed in the air. Grandparents and relatives chuckled their approval and remembered when things were simpler and would not begrudge a small boy his bright new toys.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- The Dumb is overpowering today. Thankfully, not me (but there's still time for it to happen) but I fear the contagion on a windy day. 17 hours ago
- Watching a flock of rainbow lorikeets devour an apple at the end of lunch is the Australian equivalent of Amazonian piranhas on a carcass. 18 hours ago
- I suspect the devouring of an entire pizza was not the best thing to do for dinner. However, I regret nothing. 1 day ago
- This is tough to watch. news.vice.com/story/vice-new… 1 day ago
- Worst episode of Scooby Doo ever. "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids." https://t.co/ZxsPh7usn7 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet