The red balloon bobbed above the heads of the comings and goings in the hospital corridor like a colourful speech bubble. It bounced into the children’s ward where tubes were worn like necklaces and bandages were a new zombie craze. Offsetting the bleep of machines and odour of sickness the red balloon added another splash of colour lighting up sallow faces. With the help of a black texta, some purloined rubber gloves from the box on the wall and a little bit of creativity the red balloon became a dancing clown. Laughter expelled fear to the dark corners of the room while hope settled in the creases of the rumpled blankets. And for a brief moment even the adults were children again, joining in the mirth and imagination, remembering their own made up games.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Tissue Paper Frailty afullnessinbrevity.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/tis… https://t.co/b895Ccaht9 15 minutes ago
- RT @whatmaddness: Please. My rabbit. He's very sick. https://t.co/MSejV0hvtn 8 hours ago
- Random Question: whose codpiece is the measure of all codpieces: David Bowie's in Labyrinth or Rowan Atkinson's in Blackadder? 1 day ago
- Story idea: serial killer who puts away your clean washing to the tune of Frere Jacques: "Socks and undies, socks and undies..." 1 day ago
- Decision to nap was warranted. Overclocked the timing so now feel quite seedy. Wonder if it's a portent of superpowers? 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet