Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) will be out in 2019
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Had a lovely gentleman who, in between sets told me was an ex-drummer, and complimented me on playing with care to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- If you've never taken a bathroom selfie have you ever really taken a selfie? https://t.co/PcNJbaU4MR 5 hours ago
- Imagining my dream drum kit set up: 20x14 kick (or 18x16), 10, 12 rack, 14 and 16 floor toms. Allow for versatility… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- Whoever did this at work just wants the world to burn. https://t.co/p0vdnt30dp 11 hours ago
- Long thread but an interesting read re: power, gender and presidency. twitter.com/_EthanGrey/sta… 18 hours ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet
The Tap (Very Short Fiction)
He watched the tap dripping, spanner in hand while his thumb rubbed against his wedding band. To fix the leak would destroy the charm.
Twitfic, twitter fiction, is a challenge to write a story in 140 characters or less.
Is it really a story?
Can you have a beginning, a middle and an end in such a tightly defined space?
It’s taking a snapshot of a moment within a narrative, a held breath implying the breadth and depth of the narrative within a few short sentences.
Last year I tried my hand at a few, The Slap and Polaroid Memories, and will continue to write and post them here on the blog.
Giving parameters to your creativity can liberate your thinking and provide new opportunities to produce new work.
Have a go at writing one yourself.
Post them in the comments.