In the crafting of a single sentence, or the application of the brush to the canvas or in the taking of a single image that an idea has its genesis and the stifling sense of creative depression can be lifted.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
I am an English teacher and drummer/percussionist with an interest in literary pursuits, creative endeavours, rhythmic permutations, theological amplifications and comedic outbursts.
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) out now via Vine Leaves Press.
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Postmarked Piper’s Reach – Last Chance
- A Late-Night Internet Search. And Some Answers.
- Word of the Year 2023
- 2022 Blacktown Mayoral Creative Writing Prize
- Short Story Publication: The Diving Tower – The School Magazine
- Speaking About Yourself Is Harder Than You Think
- WestWords Living Stories Things Unsaid – WINNER
- WestWords Living Stories Win
- Defining Progress in the Year of Relentless
- Word for the Year 2022
- I think Elmo had a bad night on the turps https://t.co/0oDQw32LbW 2 hours ago
- How is it that yesterday we were all sweltering in the sweaty moistness of Satan's buttcrack and today we are searc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- Late last year I was commissioned by @WilloDrummond to create art for her debut poetry collection, Moon Wrasse… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- Some days your own kids are the Band Aid to your wounded soul. Other days they rip off the Band Aid, apply a libera… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- Is there a Dalek or TARDIS still in Sydney somewhere that I may snag a photo with it? Maybe the ABC Studios? Anyone know? 1 day ago
Adam Byatt – Writer
The Filing System
- A Little Prompting (16)
- Ars Poetica (196)
- Creativity (269)
- Degenerate DIctionary (1)
- Interview (3)
- Literary Mix Tapes (4)
- Odds and Sods on Board (23)
- Post It Note Philosophy (23)
- Post It Note Poetry (77)
- Short Stories (203)
- The Writer's Life (263)
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet