Today I heard fear.
It did not speak loudly with
a stinging sleight
or a shouted accusation.
like a door creaking in the wind.
The subtle background noise
skirting the edges of conversation
sweeping in on wisps of wind
slipping in between the silences
of background noise so cleverly filtered out
until the static idly coalesced and said,
“You cannot do this.
Do not dream or imagine.
It’s too hard.”
It’s only when I take up my pen
and write and bleed and weep
that the fear disappears.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
I tweet as @revhappiness
When I am not here, I can be found putting the final touches on a collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn)
And I write poetry on Post It Notes over here: http://postitnotesandpoetry.tumblr.com/
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Tissue Paper Frailty afullnessinbrevity.wordpress.com/2017/07/24/tis… https://t.co/b895Ccaht9 4 minutes ago
- RT @whatmaddness: Please. My rabbit. He's very sick. https://t.co/MSejV0hvtn 8 hours ago
- Random Question: whose codpiece is the measure of all codpieces: David Bowie's in Labyrinth or Rowan Atkinson's in Blackadder? 1 day ago
- Story idea: serial killer who puts away your clean washing to the tune of Frere Jacques: "Socks and undies, socks and undies..." 1 day ago
- Decision to nap was warranted. Overclocked the timing so now feel quite seedy. Wonder if it's a portent of superpowers? 1 day ago
The Filing System
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet