How many Post It Notes will it take to cover a square kilometre?
– 13,157,894 (or 31,328 packets of 6×70 pieces of the 76x76mm)
How much will it cost to do it?
– A packet of 6×70 is $16.98 from Officeworks.
– Total is $531,949.44
How many memories can I fit on a Post It Note if I write really small?
– As many angels as fit on the head of a pin.
If I write one memory a day on a Post It Note, how long would it take to cover a square kilometre?
– 36,049 years.
Does the act of writing the memory allow you to forget or remember more clearly?
Does the act of writing the memory mean alternate narratives are anathema?
How many embarrassing memories does it take to form your character?
Can you die from too many embarrassing memories?
How many papercuts will make you bleed to death and can I use Post It Notes?
– One. If you cut in the right place.
I think I have enough Post It Notes.
Do you really want an answer to the question, ”Who are you?”
I am an English teacher and drummer/percussionist with an interest in literary pursuits, creative endeavours, rhythmic permutations, theological amplifications and comedic outbursts.
Here you will find my creative detritus: articles on living a creative life and writing explorations.
And other ideas I have snaffled from the papers stuck on the fridge door.
My collaborative epistolary novel, "Post Marked: Piper's Reach," written with Jodi Cleghorn (@JodiCleghorn) out now via Vine Leaves Press.
Come and browse through the library; there is no need to be silent.
- Follow A Fullness in Brevity – Adam Byatt on WordPress.com
Enough Posts to Make A Fence
- Postmarked Piper’s Reach – Last Chance
- A Late-Night Internet Search. And Some Answers.
- Word of the Year 2023
- 2022 Blacktown Mayoral Creative Writing Prize
- Short Story Publication: The Diving Tower – The School Magazine
- Speaking About Yourself Is Harder Than You Think
- WestWords Living Stories Things Unsaid – WINNER
- WestWords Living Stories Win
- Defining Progress in the Year of Relentless
- Word for the Year 2022
- I think Elmo had a bad night on the turps https://t.co/0oDQw32LbW 1 hour ago
- How is it that yesterday we were all sweltering in the sweaty moistness of Satan's buttcrack and today we are searc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- Late last year I was commissioned by @WilloDrummond to create art for her debut poetry collection, Moon Wrasse… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- Some days your own kids are the Band Aid to your wounded soul. Other days they rip off the Band Aid, apply a libera… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- Is there a Dalek or TARDIS still in Sydney somewhere that I may snag a photo with it? Maybe the ABC Studios? Anyone know? 1 day ago
Adam Byatt – Writer
The Filing System
- A Little Prompting (16)
- Ars Poetica (196)
- Creativity (269)
- Degenerate DIctionary (1)
- Interview (3)
- Literary Mix Tapes (4)
- Odds and Sods on Board (23)
- Post It Note Philosophy (23)
- Post It Note Poetry (77)
- Short Stories (203)
- The Writer's Life (263)
Looking for Something?
The Filing Cabinet