End Of Month Wrap for May
At the end of April I posted a summary to Twitter of what creative work I had completed (I had to go searching for it)
- April Summary
- 2 chapters written for co-authored novel (first draft COMPLETED!)
- short story/flash fiction written/polished. Final edits awaiting
- pointillism art piece completed for friend’s 50th birthday
- worked on draft of a new short/flash fiction
- other misc art
Sometimes it can be hard to see progress until you look back and take inventory of what you have completed. So I kept a tally of positive creative steps from the past month
What did I get done this month?
- 3 stories subbed (2 flash fiction pieces, 1 short story)
- My short story, A Shoebox of Silkworms, was submitted to the About Kids Short Story Prize and was Highly Commended. It was a very quick turnaround from submission to announcement).
- 2 small art commissions
- 1 large pointillism piece completed/framed (for sale)
Looking forward to June, I know it will be a creative write-off with marking assessments for at least the 1st half of the month. There may be opportunity for creating small art pieces but I will be holding off on large scale pointillism pieces until the end of the marking phase.
In terms of writing, I am lining up a series of short stories to finish for a few places I’d like to sub to, and then I think I’ll be turning to some longer form work in the 2nd half of the year. I love the brevity of short form but want to push myself into longer form works. There will be lots of note making and researching to be done with the hope of making 2024 a year to pursue the novel I have been thinking about for a while (and put finishing touches on a novella but I need to focus on one month at a time).
Will see how we go.
What have you been up to?